ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle filesets

2006-10-12 11:51:31
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle filesets
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:50:20 -0700
Chip,

I am not clear as to which filesets you are seeing, but basically DP
Oracle requires the ELA, the TSM API, and the DP Oracle Utilities as well
as the DP Oracle fileset itself. If you could list the filesets you are
seeing from smitty, I could be a little more specific in my answer.

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development
Data Protection for Oracle
rasmussn AT us.ibm DOT com

"Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
10/12/2006 06:55 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TDP for Oracle filesets

What filesets would I need to install from physical media, TDP for Oracle
5.3.1, if we are running Oracle 10g on AIX v5.3, 64-bit? When running
smitty
install, there were many different valid-looking filesets, and I became
confused...  :-)

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional (ITSM 5.2)
Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.