ADSM-L

Re: tsm not recognizing tape unit

2006-10-11 16:25:38
Subject: Re: tsm not recognizing tape unit
From: Jeremy Cloward <CLOWARJ AT NATIONWIDE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:18:29 -0400
Mario, and Doug,
 This is almost identical to the AIX version of it all, though I don?t use
windows, I am not surprised to see that you have to do it the same way.
TSM has to control EVERYTHING it touches. If you have it kick up the
drivers on boot in AIX, then windows would be the same, IBM has said in
training it will have all the same rules between windows and AIX.
     As far as win2k, or 2003 , you wont see much of a difference. That
much I do know about windows.
Let me know if it still does not work.
Jeremy