ADSM-L

Re: TSM Device driver is not starting

2006-10-11 04:23:04
Subject: Re: TSM Device driver is not starting
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:20:59 +0100
Mario

As the post from Bill alludes to, the TSM device driver is for non-IBM
devices, if you only have LTO drives connected, you do not need the TSM
device driver started. On my Wintel server with IBM library and LTO
drives, it is set to manual and is in a stopped state.

If you are still having problems seeing your drives or defining them,
then the problem is elsewhere. Check that the IBM Tape driver that you
have is at a sufficient level to support LTO3.

Leigh