ADSM-L

Re: tsm not recognizing tape unit

2006-10-11 03:18:57
Subject: Re: tsm not recognizing tape unit
From: Richard van Denzel <r.vandenzel AT BSU DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:17:14 +0200
Hi Mario,

Guessing from your notes, you have ran the install.exe that comes with the
driver. The driver you are using is not the latest (6.1.3.8 is). Have you tried
using an older driver like 6.0.8.2 (I can e-mail it if you don't have it)?
What FW has the LTO3 drive, if not the latest have you tries upgrading the FW
on the drive?
Is the drive visible on the HBA (Fibre or SCSI) during the BIOS part of the
boot process?
Is the HBA at a supported FW level?
If the HBA is a SCSI-320? If so, have you tried setting it to 160, there is an
issue when the drive or library is on a 320 channel.
Is the drive visible under W2K?

Met vriendelijke groet, with kind regards,

Richard van Denzel