ADSM-L

Re: Missing Volume

2006-10-10 08:34:18
Subject: Re: Missing Volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:32:38 -0400
On Oct 10, 2006, at 6:28 AM, Hans-Dieter Kutz wrote:

Hello List,
my TS3310 Library misses a Volume (audit libr found out).
Is it possible to search for lost Volumes in the Library?
Tried tapeutil -f /dev/smc0 inventory, but that doesn't help.
There is no Volume in Bulk-Loader. Nobody checks out Volumes and
the library is
in the same config as it was on installation day (with 80 Volumes;
2 Cleaning
Volumes).
Any Ideas?

We don't know what "doesn't help" means in your scenario: does it
fail to display the library inventory or is the subject volume not
reflected in the output?

I'm not a TS3310 customer, but that library has both a Control Panel
and a Web User Interface.  Do either of those present the opportunity
to review the physical cartridge inventory or search for a specific
cartridge?  If not, you may need to have a set of eyes take a look at
what's in there.

   Richard Sims