ADSM-L

Re: how to determine if bulk loader / input output slots are full in 3584 library

2006-10-09 14:41:32
Subject: Re: how to determine if bulk loader / input output slots are full in 3584 library
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:36:24 -0400
> Is there a way to determine if all the input/output slots in the
> bulk loader are full ?

On AIX/Unix, command called tapeutil can be used to query the i/o door from
OS.  or on Window there is a similar command called NTUTIL.

example,

tapeutil -f /dev/smc0 inventory | grep -p Import/Export | grep "Volume Tag"

/dev/smc0  ---> use the proper device name.

Thanks,

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/09/2006
10:00:35 AM: