ADSM-L

TS3310 Expansion Drawer

2006-10-09 10:31:46
Subject: TS3310 Expansion Drawer
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:31:04 -0500
TSM 5.3.2 on Win2K3

Has anyone successfully
1) Added the Expansion drawer to a TS3310 and
2) Reconfigured the TS3310 to use all 18 I/O slots with TSM?

I have a customer that added the expansion drawer a while back, but
continued using the original 6 I/O slots.

Now they want to use all 18 I/O slots.

I removed the tapes so I could delete the TS3310 partition and recreate it
from the TS3310 front panel (that's requried to change the I/O slots).
The drawer unlocked as it should.

Then when I told TSM to do a checkin, I could SEE that the arm moved down
and scanned the additional slots, but the result was a "SCSI BUS RESET"
I/O error (see below).

If I delete the library from TSM and add it back, I get exactly the same
I/O error during the DEFINE PATH, so I don't think it has to do with arm
movement.

I'm stumped as to whether this is a libary hardware problem, a library
firmware problem, a Windows driver problem, a TSM device support
problem...any guesses?

09/14/2006 16:31:02      ANR8300E I/O error on library UAWIN17_TS3310
(OP=8401C08C, CC=210, KEY=FF, ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF, SENSE=**NONE**,
Description=The device was reset due to device power-up, SCSI bus reset,
or manual tape load/eject).  Refer to Appendix D in the 'Messages' manual
for recommended ction. (SESSION: 10)

Thanks!