ADSM-L

Re: Why does MAXPR parameter not always produce multiple processes?

2006-10-05 14:50:40
Subject: Re: Why does MAXPR parameter not always produce multiple processes?
From: Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:47:46 -0500
The only reason for this that I have run in to is that all of the data that
needs to be backed up is from one node.  TSM will not currently create
multiple processes for a single node's data, which is pretty inefficient.
The same goes for migration, which used to bite us alot.

On 10/5/06, Scott McCambly <mccambly AT allstream DOT net> wrote:

Is there any chance that the data is only coming from one client, or all
from one collocation group on the day that it only starts one process?

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,