ADSM-L

Re: Operational reports do not generate

2006-10-05 13:00:44
Subject: Re: Operational reports do not generate
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:54:23 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/05/2006
10:08:08 AM:

> I'm trying to fix a TSM 5.3 server that was incorrectly setup by a
vendor.
> I've ironed out most of the issues but I have a problem with operational
> reporting. It was fine until a couple of weeks ago but reports no longer
> generate. The automated generation sends nothing by email. If I manually
> refresh a report from the MSC I get to look at the "Working" page for
ever.
> I've rebooted the server, restarted the OM service and recreated the
reports
> so far.
>
> What else should I be looking for?
>
> Thanks
> Angus

Did you try updating the user account/password that OR uses?  You might
have an expired password.

I would also check the TSM server activity log to see if it is logging any
sessions or queries from OR.

John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc., a Logicalis Company
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com
http://us.logicalis.com