ADSM-L

Re: Select Statement Syntax

2006-10-05 11:09:20
Subject: Re: Select Statement Syntax
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:51:43 -0400
On Oct 5, 2006, at 9:00 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how to have the syntax of the below
output so that it will all go on 1 line, but so far I have been very
unsuccessful.

Joni -

Explore the capabilities of SQL in order to use it effectively, and
avoid frustration.  This subject has been covered many times, and is
immortalized in the ADSM QuickFacts and TSM Wiki.  The technique is
to define a column title using the AS clause, using spaces or other
characters to pad out your title width, and your column width will
then match that.  You can also do like:
   SELECT CHAR(NODE_NAME,10) As "Node Name" FROM FILESPACES
where the CHAR function specifies a definitive width.

   Richard Sims