ADSM-L

Off topic: Disk usage analysis tools

2006-10-05 09:46:12
Subject: Off topic: Disk usage analysis tools
From: Copperfield Adams <Copperfield.Adams AT WWAVRC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:44:54 +0100
Off topic: Disk usage analysis tools

Can anyone recommend a good disk space analysis/monitoring tool? I have
several nodes that occasionally have 'spikes' where they will backup
more data than expected. I have no way (other than trawling through the
BAClient on the node that has 'spiked') to find out where the extra data
has come from. I would like to use some software that can build up disk
usage history so I can understand these spikes - Would also be useful if
it could trigger alerts if certain thresholds are passed, for example,
user 'x' generated more than 'x' new data or more than 'x' amount of
data has been added/changed in directory 'x'.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Copperfield Adams

IT Support Analyst

<mailto:copperfield.adams AT wwavrc.co DOT uk>

intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Any views or opinions presented or expressed are those of the
author(s) and may not necessarily represent those of the Company or of
any WWAV Rapp Collins Group Company and no representation is
given nor liability accepted for the accuracy or completeness of any
information contained in this email unless expressly stated to the
contrary.

If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error, you may not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy it, but
please notify the sender that you have received it in error.

Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any
attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses, we cannot accept
liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and
would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening
any attachment. Please note that communications sent by or to any
person through our computer systems may be viewed by other
company personnel and agents.

Registered Office: 1 Riverside, Manbre Road, London W6 9WA

service is powered by MessageLabs.