ADSM-L

Re: reusing and labeling tapes

2006-10-04 10:12:24
Subject: Re: reusing and labeling tapes
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:09:37 +0200
Mario,

If you're absolutely sure you don't need the data anymore, use "delete
vol xxxx discard=yes" : this will delete any reference to the files in
this volume from TSM DB. Note that offsite copies from those files will
be deleted as well !!!

Regarding labelling, you should put the volumes in the library slots,
and issue "label libv your_library_name search=bulk labelsource=barcode
overwrite=yes status=[scratch] or [private]".
Remember TSM has a pretty good online help : "help label libv".

Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******