ADSM-L

TDP for SQL Management Classes

2006-10-03 06:46:39
Subject: TDP for SQL Management Classes
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:44:47 +0100
Adrian

You don't mention whether you are using the same nodename or different.
I see that you mention 3 opt files.

I think that the key to this is that you must use 3 different nodenames;

sql_daily, sql_monthly, sql_yearly.

The reason is that if you use the same nodename, the TDP rebinds all
previous backups to the MC you specify with the current full. Therefore
you won't achieve what you are looking for.

Also with the separate nodename approach, I find it easier to manage the
schedules, the occupancy and the tapes.

If you are looking to see if the backups are in the correct management
classes,

select * from backups where node_name='sqlservername' and
class_name='monthly'

If you want to get detail on specific dbs, you can use the hl_name

select * from backups where node_name='sqlservername' and
class_name='monthly' and hl_name='\master\'

Leigh