ADSM-L

TDP for SQL Management Classes

2006-10-03 04:07:23
Subject: TDP for SQL Management Classes
From: Adrian Compton <adrianc AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:09:09 +0200
Hi,

I am having problems trying to setup the following and wonder if anyone can
shed some light on this or have done so themselves.

I am backing up a number of SQL Databases. I am not worried about the
sizes, or whuich databases, but only require to do a full backup including
any logs.
I have a daily schedule running and keep the versions for a week.

I want to also have a full backup/archive at month end (keep for 1 year)
and also a yearly(keep for 7 years) backups

I have setup 3 different sql.cmd files i.e Daily, monthly and yearly, and
at the end of each of the include statement in the 3 opt files(also daily,
monthly and yearly), put the relevant management classes.

Will this provide me with what I am looking to achieve. I am trying to find
out where to look to see that the backups have gone to the correct
management classes.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Adrian Compton