ADSM-L

Re: Going back to TSM V5.2 after attempting an upgrade to V5.3

2006-09-27 16:11:24
Subject: Re: Going back to TSM V5.2 after attempting an upgrade to V5.3
From: Brenda Stephenson <BrendaS AT URS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:09:49 -0600
Jeremy,
Thanks for your reply.  The Installation Guide does not offer much help
giving instructions on how to go back to V5.2.4 if the /UPGRADEDB fails for
some reason.  I sure hope it all works correctly.
Regards,
Brenda Stephenson

             Jeremy Cloward
             <CLOWARJ@NATIONWI
             DE.COM>                                                    To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] Going back to TSM V5.2
                                       after attempting an upgrade to V5.3

             09/27/2006 01:16
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

 Brenda,
 I have had nightmares in the switch over with 5.2, and 5.3 in the z/os.
You can get both of them to backup, but you might have problems doing
restores if you are on 5.3, and want to do a restore of a backup that was
done in 5.2, why ? I have no idea, I have a strange configuration here in
the support matrix.
     Just passing some info on .
 Jeremy