ADSM-L

Re: FSCK problem on TSM

2006-09-26 07:09:43
Subject: Re: FSCK problem on TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:07:44 -0400
You're not giving us enough information to understand what the actual
problem is there. Disk storage pool space and Recovery Log space are
very different things and very much should be in very different
places, having different service and recovery needs, including
mirroring for the TSM database and recovery log.

With AIX, you should ideally be using Raw Logical Volumes, as
described in the Admin Guide and other TSM documentation, such as the
Performance Tuning Guide.  This will eliminate all the file system
issues and greatly facilitate disaster recovery. Always thoroughly
review vendor configuration recommendations before proceeding with an
implementation. And always implement monitoring, to avoid needless
disruptions like this.

Again, I won't add further recommendations, absent the solid
information needed to provide proper guidance.

   Richard Sims