ADSM-L

Newbie Question cluster backups

2006-09-25 08:52:07
Subject: Newbie Question cluster backups
From: "Matthews, Gary" <gary.matthews AT LOGICACMG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:50:39 +0100
Hi,

Have a question about setting a backup. I've inherited a Tivoli backup
solution and am very slowly getting to grips with it ( have a NetBackup
background) and now need help in setting up a new backup. We've a sql
cluster wdccdb01 which has been set up backup the local drives via each
side of the cluster separately (wdccsq01/02) - The clustered disk
resource hold the SQL database and that backs up the SQL agent, so
there's a dsm.opt file  in TSM/baclient locally  for each node  and a
dsm.opt file in TSM/TDPsql locally on each client. Now we've just put on
another drive to the cluster( non SQL) - First time for me to set up a
new backup -  What's the best way to set this backup up

Cheers

Gary