ADSM-L

Solaris server option 'DISKMAP' - is anyone using it?

2006-09-22 16:53:31
Subject: Solaris server option 'DISKMAP' - is anyone using it?
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:52:06 -0400
Hi,

I was looking over the options ('q opt') and saw the diskmap option.  I
looked it up in the
admin ref and it sounds interesting.  Is anyone using it?  Does it do
any good?  Here is
the text from the online manual -

DISKMAP

Specifies one of two ways the server performs I/O to a disk storage
pool:

*       Maps the client data to memory.
*       Writes the client data directly to disk.

You can switch from one method to the other. The default is to write
directly to disk. To determine the best method for your system, perform
the same operation (for example, a client file backup) for each setting.

Thanks,

Bill Colwell