ADSM-L

TSM with SAN 5.3

2006-09-22 04:55:37
Subject: TSM with SAN 5.3
From: Murugan_Pachamallayan <Murugan_Pachamallayan AT SATYAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:24:39 +0530
Hi ,

I was installed tsm storage agent to all the machines, expect tsm
server. I have 3584 Library with 8 drives.

I have define the following policy domain with multiple client nodes,

 1.         tapepooldb2prdnonline

2.         tapepooldb2devonline

3.         tapepoolprdndailyincr

4.         tapepooldevdailyincr

5.         tapepoolprdnweekfull

How can I separate the drives in library.

example: 1.   tapepooldb2prdnonline to drive 1

   2.      tapepooldb2devonline  to drive 2

Or

            1. tapepooldb2prdnonline to drive 1

2. tapepooldb2devonline  to drive 1

3. tapepoolprdndailyincr to drive 1

or how to allocate the drives to all the machines.

Really I didn't understand how to set up this environment. We don't have
disk storage, we only have tape library with 8 drives.

Please advice how to I further proceed.

Note: Can u recommend any guide for tsm with san

Regards

Murugan

DISCLAIMER:
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE
COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is
appreciated.