ADSM-L

Anyone out there actually happy with the ORACLE agent behavior?

2006-09-18 11:40:35
Subject: Anyone out there actually happy with the ORACLE agent behavior?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:39:41 -0400
Howdy, all.

We've got some ORACLE databases backed up to TSM and are plagued by
foolishness in the RMAN connection to TSM.  This has been discussed
periodically here for a long time, but in a nutshell, Oracle doesn't
clean up after itself, and active versions of the backup files
corresponding to some operations hang around forever.

I'm wondering if any of you with oracle shops feel like your backups
are being retained properly, and/or how you're dealing with the space?

We're dealing with it using two different nodes which we switch back
and forth occasionally, "-DB" and "-DB-OLD", and once -OLD has gotten
old enough, we blow away its' filespace.  Eugh.

- Allen S. Rout