ADSM-L

Re: Incremental Forever Question

2006-09-12 07:10:40
Subject: Re: Incremental Forever Question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:09:07 -0400
On Sep 12, 2006, at 4:27 AM, Adrian Compton wrote:

Can anyone confirm for me that when using the Incremental Forever
method of
backing up, do you get a full offsite copy of the particular node in
question (AIX, 2003, etc) when doing an OFFSITE Create each day.

Adrian -

I think you are referring to a Backup Stgpool operation - which is as
incremental as the client backups usually are - and will cumulatively
generate a complete image for offsite if allowed to run to completion.

    Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs