ADSM-L

Database backup during day

2006-09-08 10:55:55
Subject: Database backup during day
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:45:26 -0400
Hi Everybody,

We are looking into scheduling a database backup during the day as the last
database backup we have for our nightly process is done at around 4:00 AM in
the morning. If something should happen in the afternoon, then we can go back
to the latest database backup  which we would have go to disk as our database
backup from the morning would be offsite. I've tried running a database backup
during the day but it constantly fails with an error regarding excessive write
failures. Is this because the nodes are not locked ? If they need to be locked,
doesn't that cause contention if a backup/restore request is made by a client ?

Rich