ADSM-L

delete virtual volumes

2006-09-08 08:22:04
Subject: delete virtual volumes
From: Karl Rößmann <K.Roessmann AT FKF.MPG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:19:25 +0200
Hi,

we backup a storage pool to a copy pool on a target server (virtual volumes).

Yesterday I deleted 10 virtual volumes from the copypool
DELETE VOL ... DISCARD=YES

The virtual volumes are seen as archive data on the target server, the
target server should delete these archive files.

So I expect that the target server deletes these archive files
during the next EXPIRE INVENTORY.
But the final message ANR0812I of EXPIRE INVENTORY says:
that 0 archive objects have been deleted.

Do I get it wrong ?

Karl Roessmann

--
Karl Rößmann                          Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF                 Fax. +49-711-689-1198