ADSM-L

Re: Encryption in API

2006-08-28 10:02:06
Subject: Re: Encryption in API
From: fred johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:00:45 -0500
Thanks Del.  I suspected that is the way it works for SQL.  I can't surmise
how to limit how much ORACLE is encrypted.

At 08:44 AM 8/28/2006 -0400, you wrote:
Fred,

Go to:
        http://www.ibm.com/us/

Search for:
        "Encrypting Data Protection for SQL Backups"

(include the double quotes around the "Search for" text)

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/25/2006
01:07:23 PM:

> Since TDP for ORACLE and MSSQL use the API, I should be able to encrypt
> some or all of DB backups we do.  Since SQL generates the directory name
> for the backup, how do we determine which is which to include or exclude
> selected DBs on a particular client?  We have one client with about 75
DBs
> on it and not all should be encrypted.

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator