ADSM-L

Archive Mgmt Class

2006-08-24 19:32:37
Subject: Archive Mgmt Class
From: "Rofie, Abu Bakar" <abrofie AT KNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:28:15 -0400
Hi all,

I have a problem with the large number of archive files in my environment.
We are trying to export the older archive data to tapes and send to

offsite. Then I would prefer to delete the data from the server.

The scenario:-

If I would like to leave 2 latest copies of the archive on TSM server and
the rest will be

export to tapes, delete the older archive from TSM . The coming archive will

still be archiving to TSM and the oldest 3rd copy will be exporting to

tape and send to offsite.

Is that a solution for this thru mgmt class , etc ?

Regards

Burn