ADSM-L

Re: Symbolic Link question

2006-08-21 20:56:34
Subject: Re: Symbolic Link question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:54:58 -0400
Mike -

There's nothing wrong with backing up symbolic links, per se. Don't
get into the bad habit of arbitrarily excluding things from backup:
our responsibility as TSM administrators is to get a full image of
client data to allow for a later, full recovery.

Pursue the actual issues there. If there are bad symbolic links,
ferret them out and have them corrected or deleted. If mysteries
remain, post details, including error messages from the backup and
dsmerror.log. As it stands now, we have no real idea what the problem
is.

     Richard Sims