ADSM-L

Re: poor performance

2006-08-21 17:49:45
Subject: Re: poor performance
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:48:25 -0700
> What size disks?  were these the same disks as on your previous setup?

All disks are 36GB. Yes, these are the same size as the previous setup.

Available space is 132GB assigned capacity is 120GB.

The difference would be in the number of db volumes. The old system has 9, 3
on each 36GB disk the new just 4, one on each on the 4 disks. Sounds like I
should work on splitting those volumes and put 3 on each disk since they are
36GB each.

I guess I didn't expect, (IF this a huge source of my problems) that this
would make that much difference.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator