ADSM-L

Windows files and last accessed date.

2006-08-21 09:49:29
Subject: Windows files and last accessed date.
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:36:03 -0500
My windows group has come across a condition where the TSM backup
updates a file's Last Accessed date to the date and time the file was
last backed up. This has become a concern when using a 3rd party product
for file archiving. Or a better description is ILM and migration files
to tier two storage. This came about because we turned on monitoring and
updated a ton of acls and found that the time that the backup was
performed was the last access time. My windows group has tested other
methods like Netbackup and Microsoft backup and neither update the time
accessed date. I waiting to hear backup from IBM but has anybody else
seen this and if so is there a way to turn it off ?

Duane

Duane Ochs

Information Systems - Unix,Storage and Retention

Quad/Graphics Inc.

Sussex, Wisconsin