ADSM-L

Restoring TDP for SQL backup onto another server

2006-08-15 08:35:54
Subject: Restoring TDP for SQL backup onto another server
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:43:56 +1000
I have a Windows SQL server which has a large database on it which
 is being backed up via TDP for SQL (version 5.3).
Unfortunately the database is too large to restore back onto a different location on the same server so I have to restore it onto another
server.
I have another Windows SQL server on which I have installed TSM and
TDP for SQL.
I am having a lot of problems trying to work out how to restore this
 database onto the other server using the tdpsqlc restore command. Is
 there an FAQ or cheat sheet that deals with this subject?
Regards
 Paul

 Paul Dudley
 ANL IT Operations Dept.
 ANL Container Line
 pdudley AT anl.com DOT au
ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.