ADSM-L

Re: VTL Sepaton vs SUN/STK(FalconStor)

2006-08-14 10:20:56
Subject: Re: VTL Sepaton vs SUN/STK(FalconStor)
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:19:11 -0400
We have been using Sepaton for almost two years with no regrets.
Sepaton has excellent in-house knowledge of TSM, and configuring both
the VTL and TSM to use the VTL are very straight forward and simple.
Their support has been top-notch and never disappointed me, or my
management.  The products have proven reliable.  As far as performance,
my hardware is not capable of pushing the VTL to Sepaton's stated
limits, but this is due to my TSM server's limits not the VTL.

I look forward to trying Sepaton's "content aware" compression, if you
get just 1/3 the advertised compression it would prove very economical.
If you need cartridge replication to a remote VTL over a network they
also support that.

When I went looking for a VTL, I wanted one vendor for both the VTL
hardware and software.

You don't state the hardware your TSM is on, but demand the vendor send
you an evaluation VTL you can try on your server, Sepaton had no
problems with that.

Any other questions feel free to ask and good luck,
H. Milton Johnson