ADSM-L

Re: Are LVSA cache files temporary?

2006-08-11 14:07:33
Subject: Re: Are LVSA cache files temporary?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:05:58 -0400
Not that I can see, but since I sent this I was pulled into a
trouble-shooting session with a group of new servers that had LVSA
running, and we had to remove it.  LVSA looks suspiciously like the
smoking gun that has been causing these machines to lock up.  Actually,
it appears to be lack of cooperation between LVSA and a security app
daemon called ISS.

If there is a "How it works" and "how to configure it in the real world"
specifically for Win2003, I would be interested in locating it.  All the
docs I have found so far are still referencing the win2000 limitation.

Thanks,
-steve