ADSM-L

Re: Tape-Volume status: pending & empty

2006-08-08 10:38:56
Subject: Re: Tape-Volume status: pending & empty
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:38:06 -0500
This is an old, well-known bug. I saw this fairly often in 5.1.6.5.
Restart the server and they'll all go away, to Scratch status where they
belong. Fixed, I believe, in 5.3.something. DELETE VOL works OK as a
workaround, but is only necessary if you run short supply on scratch
tapes before it is convenient to restart the server.