ADSM-L

Re: SQL Server 2005 support?

2006-08-07 08:51:10
Subject: Re: SQL Server 2005 support?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:45:17 -0400
Hi Eric,

SQL Server 2005 support was added in November of last year,
one day following the official launch of SQL Server 2005 by Microsoft.
You will need to obtain Data Protection for SQL version 5.2.1.03 (or
later)
from the following web site:

Where:
   FTP Site:
      ftp.software.ibm.com
   Directory:

/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/tivoli-data-protection/sql/v521/x32/

FYI... Data Protection for SQL added Windows "x64" support as well.
Since the Windows "x64" is a new platform, if you want the "x64" version,
you will need to obtain that from the Passport Advantage download site,
or by ordering the CD from IBM. This is because the FTP site does not
contain the license file that you need to run the product.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/07/2006
08:27:33 AM: