ADSM-L

Re: crawling system

2006-08-03 15:46:46
Subject: Re: crawling system
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:45:22 -0700
>Don't overlook network causes...where other people in your shop may be
pondering the same >problem.
  >Richard Sims

I wanted to respond on this and hopefully someone can tell me why this has
happened. What I found, and I did see this about a month ago also, was the
default gateway had changed on the NIC. There is a built in port with an
assigned 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address with a gateway of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, (Not
connected to the network). The GIG port has a completely different IP and
what I found was the gateway from the other NIC seemed to have taken over.

The first time this happened I forced it back but for whatever reason it
changed back again. I've reconfigured again and both NIC's show the proper
default gateway. Not sure why this would be happening and maybe someone can
shed some light so it won't happen again.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator