ADSM-L

Re: Tapes read only

2006-08-03 07:02:16
Subject: Re: Tapes read only
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:01:31 -0400
On Aug 2, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Orin Rehorst wrote:

Ran q vol access=readonly. Two tapes were listed. What do I do now,
replace them?

Orin -

Examine the Activity Log to determine the circumstances under which
the tapes changed to that state.  If due to I/O errors, that could be
the fault of either drive or media.  If media is suspect, move the
data off the volume, do a no-eject Checkout, then use tapeutil or
like utility to perform a full media test.  If it passes, reintroduce
the tape to TSM service via Label Libvolume.

   Richard Sims