ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2x & IBM 3584 Library

2006-08-02 16:49:16
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2x & IBM 3584 Library
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:45:56 -0500
5.3 adds a "waittime" parameter to the checkin command.  Just add
"waittime=0" to the end of your checkin command and it won't ask for a
reply.

______________________________
John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
08/02/2006 03:38 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TSM 5.2x & IBM 3584 Library

> TSM 5.3 Server I understand, removes the REPLY altogether.

If that's true I wish someone would post how that works because I still
have
to reply. For checkouts the process continues after the I/O port is
emptied.
For checkin we have to reply. I hear there is a feature you can add to the
library that will take care of emptying the door automatically but don't
know how that would or would not affect the reply feature.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator