ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2x & IBM 3584 Library

2006-08-02 16:34:14
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2x & IBM 3584 Library
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:32:53 -0400
Here's a little AIX shell script we used to use pre-5.3 days.

# set the admin username and password and the email contact
dsmuser="admin"
dsmpass=`cat /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/local/admin.pass`
dsmadmc -id=$dsmuser -pa=$dsmpass "run checkin"
sleep 15
REQNO=$(dsmadmc -id=$dsmuser -pa=$dsmpass "q req"|grep ANR8373I| awk '{print
dsmadmc -id=$dsmuser -pa=$dsmpass "reply $REQNO"

# finished
exit 0

Created a server script that had the checkin libv command called...."CHECKIN".