ADSM-L

Re: Data expiration

2006-08-02 13:33:54
Subject: Re: Data expiration
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:32:00 -0600
Yes, if you want to examine this on a global basis, the BACKUPS table
would have that info. You can craft a SELECT statement to show you which
nodes are using which management classes, or which nodes are using a
specific management class if you want that level of detail. Note that
SELECTing against the BACKUPS table is a rather expensive and
time-consuming process, so it might be better to go after more general
data, redirecting the output to a file, then using some other tool (like
MS Access or other database) to mine the data; as opposed to repeated
SELECTs against the BACKUPS table on the TSM server.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/02/2006
10:16:02 AM: