ADSM-L

Audit & restore storage volume tape

2006-07-28 11:29:50
Subject: Audit & restore storage volume tape
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:28:42 -0400
Hello,

We were receiving the message below on a tape volume file
in our primary storage pool during reclamation on 101645 processing
causing it to fail. I performed a Audit Volume 101645 fix=yes on the
volume in question.

ANR1330E The server has detected possible corruption in an
object being restored or moved. The actual values for the
incorrect frame are: magic 53454652 hdr version 0002 hdr
length  0032 sequence number 00000061 data length
00000000 server id 00000000 segment id 60002793965424476
48 crc 0000003D.(PROCESS: 187)

ANR1331E Invalid frame detected.  Expected magic 53454652
sequence number 00000061 server id 00000000 segment id
 0000000008602819.(PROCESS

The following message is now reoccurring during reclamation on
the same tape volume (101645) in our primary sequential pool
and causing reclamation to fail. This started to occur after I
performed a Audit Volume 101645 Fix=Yes on a tape.

ANR1162W Space reclamation skipping damaged file on volume
 100646: Node XXXXXX200, Type Backup, File space /u14,
 File name /oradat/archive/TSIC/ TSIC_1_88894_525973123.arc.

ANR0985I Process 193 for SPACE RECLAMATION running in the
BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE at
Reclamation of storage pool LPOOL has ended. Files reclaimed
0, Bytes reclaimed: 0, Files reconstructed: 0, Unreadable files: 0.

Question 1 - If I do a Restore Storage Pool volume for that tape
and it will restore the damaged file (s) from the copy pool only.
Is there any way to keep this volume from being marked
destroyed since it's only the one file that is damaged automatically
by TSM? Since there is only 1 file that is the problem.

Question 2 - If the file on the copy pool volume is damaged also
and causes the same message above after I do a Audit volume ###### fix=?

how do I get rid of the ANR1162W message that is appears for that
ONE file which causes reclamation to fail?

TSM 5.3.2

Thanks in Advance!