ADSM-L

Re: AIX Off topic

2006-07-21 13:20:49
Subject: Re: AIX Off topic
From: "Davignon, Edward" <Edward.Davignon AT ENERGYEAST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:19:45 -0400
Bull makes a line of servers called Escala that run AIX.
Bull has a strategic alliance with IBM.  See http://www.bull.com/aix/

I have no experience with this company's hardware.  I do not even know
if it has onsite hardware supported in the areas that I work in.

I have seen references to Bull in IBM AIX copyright notices.
I have used the Bull Freeware site.

As far as getting AIX to run on other PowerPC CHRP hardware, AIX is a
licensed product so you need to look into licensing issues.

Edward Davignon
Lead Analyst - Distributed Systems
Utility Shared Services - IT
Energy East Corporation