ADSM-L

Strange TSM Server problem.

2006-07-18 16:47:51
Subject: Strange TSM Server problem.
From: William <weiduo.deng AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:47:32 -0400
TSM 5.3.3 on AIX 5.3

Question 1: who is using these tapes

No process running, no session running, even restarted TSM Server, still see
those tapes mounting in use.
*

tsm: TSMSERVER>q ses

 Sess     Comm.      Sess         Wait       Bytes       Bytes
Sess      Platform     Client Name
Number     Method     State        Time        Sent       Recvd
Type
------     ------     ------     ------     -------     -------
-----     --------     --------------------
    1     ShMem      Run          0 S        7.0 K         592
Admin     AIX          William

tsm: TSMSERVER>q pr
ANR0944E QUERY PROCESS: No active processes found.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: TSMSERVER>q mo
ANR8330I LTO volume K00059L3 is mounted R/O in drive DRIVE1 (/dev/rmt1),
status: IN USE.
ANR8330I LTO volume K00062L3 is mounted R/O in drive DRIVE2 (/dev/rmt2),
status: IN USE.
ANR8330I LTO volume K00060L3 is mounted R/O in drive DRIVE3 (/dev/rmt3),
status: IN USE.
ANR8334I         3 matches found.

Question 2: Why can't I remove this node?

How can I find out what Object sets still exist for this node?

tsm: TSMSERVER>q file
ANR2034E QUERY FILESPACE: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: TSMSERVER>q vol

Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
Pct      Volume
                            Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
Util      Status
------------------------     -----------     ----------     ---------
-----     --------
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/-     ARCHIVEPOOL     DISK                 8.0
0.0     On-Line
bin/archive.dsm

/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/-     SPACEMGPOOL     DISK                 8.0
0.0     On-Line
bin/spcmgmt.dsm

tsm: TSMSERVER>select * from backups
ANR2963W This SQL query may produce a very large result table, or may
require a significant amount of time to compute.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: TSMSERVER>select * from archives
ANR2963W This SQL query may produce a very large result table, or may
require a significant amount of time to compute.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: TSMSERVER>remove node NODE01

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR2339E REMOVE NODE: Object sets still exist for node NODE01.
ANS8001I Return code 13.

*