ADSM-L

Re: Administration session timeout

2006-07-07 18:47:52
Subject: Re: Administration session timeout
From: Nicholas Kovacs <nkovacs AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:37:10 -0700
Hi Larsa,

Another way to update the session timeout setting is to manually update
the value in the server.xml file.  Search for "invalidationTimeout" and
set it to invalidationTimeout="-1".  A value of -1 means to never time
out.

The server.xml file is found here:

C:\Program
Files\IBM\ISC601\AppServer\profiles\default\config\cells\DefaultNode\nodes\DefaultNode\servers\ISC_Portal\server.xml

Subject:
Administration session timeout
Environment:
Windows 2003 SP1, all patches
TSM 5.3.3.1
ISC 6.0.1

I´m trying to extend my Administration session timeout for ISC, but it
wont change. Running SupportUtil.bat, logging in, pressing 5 and try to
change the time to 600 minutes at least, so it will be logged on during
the day. Restarts the ISC, but I will be logged off after the default
timeout 30 minutes anyway!! I have even restarted the Windows server.

Anyone who knows how to change this value in another way?

/Larsa

Nick Kovacs
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development
Nicholas Kovacs/Tucson/IBM