ADSM-L

Re: Backing Up CIFS Share on Netapp

2006-06-22 05:44:42
Subject: Re: Backing Up CIFS Share on Netapp
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:44:48 -0400
The cifs share is mapped/mounted to your userid's session, not to all sessions
on the box.

I am not up onto all the in and outs of all the possible ways to do this. But
you have to map the network share in such a way, that the session which is the
tsm scheduler service sees the share.

I have not tested this, but I believe that you could have a pre-backup command
script which issues the net use command to mount the share.

Also I have been told that on netapp site, they have a tech note that gives a
procedure that could be run  to mount shares before the normall services are
run.

len