ADSM-L

Re: Exclude.dir question

2006-06-20 10:22:33
Subject: Re: Exclude.dir question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:26:27 -0600
Hi Geoff,

In sum, my recommendation is that you try it and see!   :-)

Note that you can review the effects of include and exclude statements in
at least a couple of ways:

1) The backup-archive command line client PREVIEW function

2) The backup-archive GUI which will visually indicate which files are
excluded.as you navigate the the directory tree structure

If you do not want to do this with a live node name, then register a test
node name, and use that to connect to the TSM server.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/19/2006
21:59:23: