ADSM-L

OT? TSM in a hospital environment

2006-06-19 13:29:35
Subject: OT? TSM in a hospital environment
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:28:51 -0400
            Are there any folks on the list that are using TSM in a
hospital?

            Sometimes we have to battle with some of our software
venders to allow us to backup their system using TSM. Sometimes they
will tell us that the system is FDA approved as is and must be backed up
using a built-in tape drive and we can't touch the system. Some times
that might be believable but not always. It seems that GE appears to be
especially hard headed in this regard.

            We bought into TSM because you back up anything (well most
anything) and not have to worry about having assorted different tape
drives scattered everywhere.

            I would like to compare notes with other TSM people if
possible.

            thanks

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

text pager 1569 AT tais.sgmc DOT org

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
copies of the original message.