ADSM-L

BartPe utility restore question

2006-06-18 05:13:51
Subject: BartPe utility restore question
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:58:00 +0300
Hi to all

Testing Windows PE utility (BARTPE software) , when restoring Windows XP client
on a same machine (same hardware) no problem at all ...
  1. Boot from CD with network configuration
  2. Restore image
  3. Restore CatRoot
  4. Reboot Pc
  5. Restore systemObject

Everything O.K .... But when doing the same trying to restore another Windows
XP client (different Hardware as different H.D and different network card)
after step 4 I' am stuck the system can't boot  !!!!!

I am aware that more complicate with different hardware but I read that it can
be done , I know I miss something .......

Any help will be appreciate ,

Regards Robert Ouzen