ADSM-L

Re: simple query volume script

2006-06-15 15:21:48
Subject: Re: simple query volume script
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:25:26 -0600
Timothy have a look at the Technical Guide redbook for TSM 5.1 (
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246554.html?Open). Appendix A has
an SQL tutorial that you will find useful. In particular, you'll want to
go after the VOLUMES table.

I tried to attach some other info that, while old, might still be
useful... but it's too large and ADSM-L rejects it. I will send that to
you separately. It is a presentation and ADSM SQL reference info I did for
the University of Karlsruhe ADSM Symposium back in 1998. The info is
provided "as is".

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/15/2006
11:00:55:

> Andrew Thanks,
>
>  Since I am beginner at using scripts,  I was trying to find
>  another way to display diskbackuppool volumes only
>  using a sql "select" statement" as oppose to the query
>  volume command.
>
>   Regards,
>   Tim
>
> Andrew Raibeck wrote:
>
> > I don't understand the question in relationship to the script.
> >
> > As far as displaying volumes only in diskbackuppool: from the Admin
> > command line interface, issue HELP QUERY VOLUME and you should find
that
> > information there.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > Andy Raibeck
> > IBM Software Group
> > Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> > Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> > Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
> >
> > IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support web page:
> > http://www-306.ibm.
> com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html
> >
> > The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> > The command line is your friend.
> > "Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
> >
> > "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/15/2006
> > 08:33:05:
> >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I have a script/query question the query below
> > > lists all the devclass=disk. How would I modify this in
> > > a script to display the Backuppool disk's only using a
> > > script? Right now I am just running the Query command
> > > via the Admin Schedule.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > query volume devclass=disk
> > >

> > > /dev/rstg024r             BACKUPPOOL   DISK         21,056.0    0.0
> > > On-Line
> > > /dev/rstg025r             BACKUPPOOL   DISK         21,056.0    0.0
> > > On-Line
> > > /dev/rstg026r             BACKUPPOOL   DISK         21,056.0    0.0
> > > On-Line
> > > /dev/rstg027r             BACKUPPOOL   DISK         21,056.0    0.0
> > > On-Line
> > > /mig0/mig0.dsm         SPACEMGPOOL  DISK       13,000.0   53.9
On-Line
> > > /mig1/mig1.dsm         SPACEMGPOOL  DISK       13,000.0   52.1
On-Line