ADSM-L

Re: cmd file for archive

2006-06-09 15:05:24
Subject: Re: cmd file for archive
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:02:31 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/09/2006
12:04:02 PM:

> A question for those using a schedule to run a .cmd file. The scenario
is a
> customer wants some data on a cluster node disk archived for 7 years.
> Typically I run this as a schedule from the server pointing to a .cmd
file,
> but I've never had to do this on a cluster resource. Since the dsm.opt
file
> is on the cluster disk would putting this file on the cluster disk and
> calling it from there produce the desired results of archiving the data?

Yes.  As long as you assign the schedule to the nodename referenced in
that dsm.opt on the clustered disk.  Also make sure to add the -optfile
switch to your dsmc archive command to ensure the correct nodename is used
for the archive.

> Does anyone have a different solution they use?

Not me.