ADSM-L

Re: Trying to use TSM API

2006-06-05 11:48:35
Subject: Re: Trying to use TSM API
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 08:48:11 -0700
Mike,

Here is whole message explanation to what you are seeing:
2065 E DSM_RC_WRONG_VERSION_PARM
Explanation: The caller's structure version is different than the ITSM
library version.
System Action: The system returns to the calling procedure.
User Response: Ensure that the stVersion field is set with the value in
the header file. Recompile the application with the latest header files.

Your library versions are ok. If the problem was with library versions
then you would see a return code like the following:
        DSM_RC_WRONG_VERSION

The problem is down in the guts of the code (ie. the structure you are
passing to the API)...what is the specific TSM API function call that you
are using?

When creating structures to pass into the API functions you need to use
care when initializing, make sure you have something like the following:

int funcA()
{
   qryMCData                 qMCData = {0};   /*create and zero out the
structure */

   qMCData.stVersion = qryMCDataVersion;
   qMCData.mcName  = mcBindKey.mcName;
   qMCData.mcDetail  = dsmTrue;

   return 0;
}

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development
Data Protection for Oracle
rasmussn AT us.ibm DOT com

Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
06/04/2006 01:39 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Trying to use TSM API

I have a program that compiles properly, and connects, but when
querying (I'm testing managemt classes first) it gets an error:

ANS0245E (RC2065) The caller's structure version is different than the TSM
library version.

The version of the tivoli.tsm.samples is the same as the
tivoli.tsm.client. Is there a way to check what is wrong? Is there
a way around the problem?

Mike