ADSM-L

Re: Trying to use TSM API

2006-06-04 22:22:02
Subject: Re: Trying to use TSM API
From: Dan Foster <tronic183 AT EVILPHB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 22:21:38 -0400
Hot Diggety! Mike was rumored to have written:

> The file (tsm.so) compiles great and connects to the tsm server just fine.
> Only when I issue the management class query does it complain about the
> structure version number.
>
> I am using vac/cc. No need to copy the library to /usr/lib since the extension
> compiles and connects without error.

Well, the reason why I mention it is because this version error
indicates a mismatch against library and header files. Meaning, it's
possible to compile fine but fail at the run-time check.

Besides, I think the makefile is specifically looking for libApiDS.a in
/usr/lib; take a look at the makefile. Makefile is also looking for
header files in current directory by default, too, I think.

Next step would be to verify that /usr/lib/libApiDS.a and
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libApiDS.a are identical, possibly by
running md5, md5sum, or some such utility.

Then compare time/datestamps, and so forth, for both libApiDS.a *and*
the header files. You could be picking up an older version of either
from somewhere unexpected or forgotten about.

You've got the right package installed, but the error is indicating
something is out of sync between the library and header files.

So you need to identify and find where the older/incorrect stuff is,
then correct it, then recompile.

-Dan